Westville Baptist Church started as a bible club in 1946 – a project of love by three families; the Munros, the Harlands, and the Mitchells. It soon grew to include a Sunday school, mothers’ meetings, SCAs, youth, and bible studies. In 1963, fifty-eight people signed a document on the 5th of December as founding members of, what it was then known as, the Highway Baptist Church.
The church first met in the Town Hall, then moved to the MOTH hall with the vision to one day have our own church building. On the 25th of May 1968, we celebrated the opening of our first premises on Church Road. In 2001, though, we walked across the road to our new church building where we currently meet.
From as early as 1998, we have been involved in uplifting our surrounding community. Jean-Ray Knighton Fitt, our Pastor of Compassionate Ministries, started the Church Alliance for Social Transformation on the 26th of August 2009, taking existing church partnerships and outreach ministries and bringing them under one banner.